Companies that speak in the language of the pitch and the dog-and-pony show are no longer speaking to anyone.
- The Cluetrain Manifesto
People shop and learn in a whole new way compared to just a few years ago, so marketers need to adapt or risk extinction.
- Brian Halligan, Co-Author of Inbound Marketing & CEO of Hubspot
You want to invent new ideas, not new rules.
- Dan Heath, Author of Made to Stick
Focus on the core problem your business solves and put out lots of content and enthusiasm and ideas about how to solve that problem.
- Laura Fitton, Founder of OneForty
Presentations are the most amazing persuasion tool available in organizations today.
- Nanacy Duarte, CEO of Duarte Design
We’re all learning here; the best listeners will end up the smartest.
- Charlene Li, Author of Groundswell
When you break down all the fluff, there are two ways to promote and market your business: dumber, slower, and expensive — or smarter, faster, and cheaper.
- David Siteman Garland, Host of Rise to the Top
Think like a customer.
- Paul Gillin, Author of The New Infuencers
Before you create any more “great content,” figure out how you are going to market it first.
- Joe Pulizzi, Author of Get Content Get Customers
Once you have your questions and stories, map them to the buying process – just as your prospects will experience them.
- Ardath Albee, Author of The Complex Sales
I am all for conversations. But you need to have a message.
- Renee Blodgett, President of Blodgett Communications
What we really need is a mindset shift that will make us relevant to today’s consumers, a mindset shift from ‘telling & selling’ to building relationships.
- Jim Stengel, Former Global Marketing Officer of Procter & Gamble
Clarity trumps persuasion.
- Dr Flint McGaughline, Director of MecLabs
Markets need to build digital relationships and reputation before closing the sale.
- Chris Brogan, Founder of New Marketing Labs
Make the customer the hero of your story.
- Ann Handley, CCO of MarketingPros
Your culture is your brand.
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
To be successful and grow your business and revenues, you must match the way you market your products with the way your prospects learn about and shop for your products.
- Brian Halligan, Co-Author of Inbound marketing & CEO of Hubspot
Increasingly, the mass marketing is turning into a mass of niches.
- Chris Anderson, Author of The Long Tail
In this age of sound bites, almost no one has the attention span, or time, to read more than a few sentences.
- Tim Frick, Author of Return to Engagement
People share, read and generally engage more, when content is surfaced through those they know and trust.
- Malorie Lucich, Facebook Spokesperson
Give them quality. That’s the best kind of advertising.
- Milton Hershey, Founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company
Marketing isn’t magic. There is a science to it.
- Dan Zarrela, Social Media Scientist at Hubspot
If you have more money than brains, you should focus on outbound marketing. If you have more brains than money, you should focus on inbound marketing.
- Guy Kawasaki, Co-Founder of Alltop
Traditional methods of sales prospecting are grossly inefficient.
- Jill Konrath, Author of Snap Selling
The attention economy is not growing, which means we have to grab the attention that someone else has today.
- Brent Leary, Co-Founder of CRM Essentials